So You Want to Be a Google Certified Trainer? FAQ – Your Q’s Answered!
Google Certified Trainer FAQ
Now, let’s move on to the nitty-gritty questions about becoming a Google Certified Trainer. Below are the most frequently asked questions (and answers) about the Google for Education Certified Trainer program.
If you want to learn more about what it takes to become a Google Certified Trainer, check out this post: 6 Steps to Becoming a Google Certified Trainer in this post and infographic. In this post, you will find a detailed infographic, as well as a video in that post that will explain each of the 6 steps.
How much time does it take to become a Google Certified Trainer?
Do I have to be a classroom teacher to become a Google for Education Certified Trainer?
No. I get this question a lot. I myself, am no longer in the K12 classroom. I work as a consultant and trainer. Here’s what Google says about who the program is for: “Google for Education Certified Trainers are passionate and driven education professionals with a desire to help others transform classrooms with technology. Whether you are a school’s go-to technologist, a stellar classroom teacher or an enterprising consultant, anyone is welcome to apply for membership in the program. Individuals with the following roles may be particularly good fits:
- Instructional Technology Coach/Specialist
- Teacher On Special Assignment
- ICT Director/Coordinator”
What are the benefits of becoming a Google Certified Trainer:
- Certified Trainer Digital Badge and Certificate
- Visibility in Google for Education Directory: This means that schools and organizations can find you and seek you out to deliver training!
- Membership to an exclusive community of trainers! You will be added to an exclusive Google Group with all of the other Certified Trainers across the globe, where you can ask questions, share resources, and collaborate.
- Powerful, ready-to-use training & professional growth resources! You will also gain access to a shared folder of resources from Google and all of the other Google Certified Trainers. No need to reinvent the wheel every time you create a training or workshop.
- G Suite for Education demo domain: You will be given special access to create your own G Suite domain to use during training.
- An exclusive look at new Google product launches! Yep! Google asks you to sign an NDA so they can give you information about new products, updates, and more!
- Opportunities to present across the country and beyond!
- Opportunities to make extra money as a trainer!
- Take your career to the next level!
Do I need to become Google Certified before I can deliver professional development on Google Apps?
NO!!! In fact, it is just the opposite. If your goal is to become a Google Certified Trainer, you must have a proven history of delivering Google training in schools. They want experienced trainers. You do not need Google’s stamp of approval before you can provide PD on Google Apps. Start working on your training resume now. Google is looking for the best and most experienced trainers!
Do I have to be a Level 1 or Level 2 Google Certified Educator first?
Google Certified Educator Level 1 and Level 2 are now required for the Certified Trainer application. However, you can work on the three exams (Level 1, Level 2, and Trainer Skills Assessment) in any order that you choose. It does make sense to start with Level 1 if you are at the beginning. The trainer content is completely different from the educator content. The trainer course is about good pedagogy and best practices for training and adult learning. The educator content is about using G Suite in the classroom.
What happens if my application is not accepted?
You can reapply at any time. To learn more about the application, check out my video walkthrough and tips for the application process: Everything You Wanted to Know About the Google Certified Trainer Application. The most common reasons for not being accepted into the program:
- Applicant’s shared documents and videos were not viewable! Don’t forget to make them public before you submit!
- Applicant doesn’t have enough previous training experience. Google is looking for applicants who already have a diverse history of delivering Google training.
How long does the certification last?
- Conduct and report at least 12 training/coaching sessions per year
- Share ideas and resources with our community of trainers
- Resubmit your interest with an annual product update assessment.
Is it hard?
What is the deadline to Join the “Become a Google Certified Trainer E-Course?
There are two versions of this course: VIP and Standard. The VIP version is only available for a limited time! VIP is open for Limited Enrollment until midnight CST on May 21, 2017. The standard version will be available indefinitely.
I’m In! When will I get access to the course?
Immediately! You can enroll today and move one step close to becoming a Google Certified Trainer TODAY!
How long will I have access to the course?
At a minimum, you will have access to all the videos, tutorials, content, downloads, tips and tricks for ONE FULL YEAR! (Face-to-Face training cannot offer that!)
Does this course ALSO include help with Google Certified Educator Level 1 and Level 2?
No. This course is only designed to help you with the next level in the process and become a Google Certified Trainer, pass the Trainer Skills Assessment, and prepare the application and video. I have two new online courses coming soon to help you with Level 1 and Level 2. Go to GoogleCertifiedEducator.com to learn more!
What’s included in the course?
This self-paced, e-course includes EVERYTHING you need to know to pass the Trainer Skills Assessment AND complete the application requirements, including:
- 30+ Video Lessons (including the archive)
- Private Google+ Community
- The Ultimate Google Certified Trainer Planner and Check List
- VIP BONUSES!
- Tips & Tricks
- PD Credit Certficate and Badge! (7 hours VIP, 6 hour standard)
- and much more!
What is the difference between the VIP course and the Standard Course?
Look at the comparison below. The VIP course contains everything that is included in the standard course PLUS three really big bonuses that are designed to help you begin your career as a trainer.
Module 1: Welcome & Introduction (1 Lesson)
Module 2: Trainer Certification Overview (1 Lesson)
Module 3: Trainer Course (6 Lessons)
Module 4: Trainer Skills Assessment (1 Lesson)
Module 5: The Application (1 Lesson)
Module 6: VIP Bonus Material (3 Lessons – VIP version only)
Module 7: 15 Downloadable PDFs
The VIP version of this course includes 3 BONUS Lessons!
- Best Practices for Trainers
- How to Market Yourself as a Trainer
- Tips and Advice from Experienced Google Certified Trainers
How much is the course?
The standard course is $297. The VIP course is $397. Payment plans are available.
If I don’t like it, can I get my money back?
YES! This course has a 30-day Money Back Guarantee. If for any reason you aren’t satisfied with the course, we will refund your money.
Looking for more Google Certification resources?
- What is G Suite for Education? What You Need to Know!
- How to Pass the Google Certified Educator Exams (12 Tips!)
- Coming Soon! The Google Certified Educator Academies
- FREE Webinar: How to Become a Google Certified Trainer
- Top 10 Reasons to Become a Google Trainer VIP
- Everything You Wanted to Know About the Google Certified Trainer Application
- So You Want to Be a Google Certified Trainer?
- 6 Steps to Google Certified Trainer (Video Walkthrough)
- 6 Steps to Google Certified Trainer [infographic]
- BecomeAGoogleTrainer.com (Online Courses)
© Shake Up Learning 2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Kasey Bell and Shake Up Learning with appropriate and specific direction to the original content on ShakeUpLearning.com. See: Copyright Policy.
17 Things to Try in 2017
YES! I want the FREE PDF copy of, "17 Things Teachers Should Try in 2017!" Get this 13-page, printable pdf to save and read throughout the year.