10 Reasons to Become a Google Certified Educator (infographic and video)
Want to know what all the fuss is about? I am asked this question all the time, “What are the benefits to becoming a Google Certified Educator?” So I put together this handy infographic and video to talk about the 10 Reasons to Become a Google Certified Educator.
The Google Certified Educator program was designed for the classroom teacher but is open for any educator to pursue. The Certified Educator program is offered at two levels: the fundamentals level (Level 1), and the advanced level (Level 2). Differentiating the certification into two levels gives more teachers an opportunity to get recognized for the work they’ve done. (Learn more: shakeup.link/trainingcenter)
Level 1: The Level 1 Google Certified Educator status indicates that an educator can “successfully implement Google Apps for Education into their teaching practice to enhance teaching and learning.” This certification is for educators with a basic understanding of the key features of Google Apps as well as well as an understanding of how to meaningfully use technology in the classroom.
Level 2: The Level 2 Google Certified Educator status indicates “indicates that an educator can successfully integrate a wider range of Google for Education tools and other technologies to transform their teaching practice.” This is for educators with a deeper understanding of Google Apps and advanced technology integration skills. (Note: Level 1 status is NOT a prerequisite for Level 2.)
Ready to dive in? Learn more about the Google Certified Educator Academies in the video below.
Want to learn more about all of the Google Certification options? Check out my free eBook: The Complete Guide to Google Certifications.
Why Become a Google Certified Educator?
1. Gain Confidence with Digital Learning Strategies and Google Tools
2. Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity
3. Create a Paperless Classroom
4. Collect Data and Increase Feedback Loops
5. Learn How to Find Answers and Support
6. Increase Digital Citizenship and Digital Literacy Skills in the Classroom
7. Increase Efficiency and Save Time
8. Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership
9. Prove Your Skills
10. Get the Badge and Join the Google Certified Family
Watch the video below to learn more about the benefits of becoming a Google Certified Educator and learn more about the Google Certified Educator Academies that are launching soon.
Ready to learn more? Check out video 2: How to Become a Google Certified EDUCATOR.
I can help you become a Google Certified Educator. Becoming Google certified was a game-changer for my professional learning and my career. I want to help more teachers reach their goal of becoming Google Certified! My goal is to empower teachers to transform the learning in their classrooms and become digital leaders.
The Google Certified Educator Academies
Do you feel overwhelmed by the task? I have the e-course you have been waiting for! Consider this your online, self-paced, Google Certified Educator Boot Camp! I have taken the content, concepts, and skills needed to pass the Google Certified Educator exams and created a video-based course that includes EVERYTHING you need to know, including:
- 40+ Video Lessons (More than 11 hours of hands-on learning with Kasey Bell!)
- Private Google+ Community and Study Group
- 20+ PDF Downloads
- Lesson Checks
- Testing Tips
- VIP Bonuses
- and much more!
- Need Level 2? This online academy is coming in the fall.
Looking for more Google Certification resources?
- How to Become a Google Certified EDUCATOR
- The Google Certified Educator Capacity Matrix (Level 1)
- What is G Suite for Education? What You Need to Know!
- How to Pass the Google Certified Educator Exams (12 Tips!)
- Coming Soon! The Google Certified Educator Academies
- FREE Webinar: How to Become a Google Certified Trainer
- Everything You Wanted to Know About the Google Certified Trainer Application
- So You Want to Be a Google Certified Trainer?
- 6 Steps to Google Certified Trainer (Video Walkthrough)
- 6 Steps to Google Certified Trainer [infographic]
- BecomeAGoogleTrainer.com (Online Courses)
© Shake Up Learning 2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Kasey Bell and Shake Up Learning with appropriate and specific direction to the original content on ShakeUpLearning.com. See: Copyright Policy.
The Google Certified Educator (Level 1) Capacity Matrix
Download this FREE Google Certified Educator Level 1 Capacity Matrix to learn the skills needed to pass the Level 1 exam. There are 9 pages, and tons of links back to tutorials to help you!